French Realist/Impressionist Painter and Sculptor, 1834-1917
French painter, draughtsman, printmaker, sculptor, pastellist, photographer and collector. He was a founder-member of the Impressionist group and the leader within it of the Realist tendency. He organized several of the group exhibitions, but after 1886 he showed his works very rarely and largely withdrew from the Parisian art world. As he was sufficiently wealthy, he was not constricted by the need to sell his work, and even his late pieces retain a vigour and a power to shock that is lacking in the contemporary productions of his Impressionist colleagues. Related Paintings of Edgar Degas :. | Naked doing up her hair | Racehorses | Artist-s Father and Pagand | Portrait of Female | the bellelli family |
Related Artists:LIGOZZI, Jacopo
Italian painter, Florentine school (b. 1547, Verona, d. 1627, Firenze)
Italian painter, draughtsman, miniaturist and printmaker. He was one of the most productive artists in 17th-century Florence, although in the context of the Florentine Baroque, with its pageantry and decorative form, Ligozzi remained as much a foreigner in terms of his precise drawing, veristic figures and expressive content, as he was by birth. He was the son of the painter Giovanni Ermanno Ligozzi ( fl 1572-88; d before 1605) and came from a Veronese family of painters and designers of armour, tapestries and embroidery on silk. Other members of the family who were painters (Fumagalli in 1986 exh. cat.) were Jacopo's brother Francesco (d before 1635), whose career seems to have been in Verona, his cousin Francesco di Mercurio, who worked for the Medici in Florence in 1590-91Friedrich August von Kaulabch
Munich 1850-1920 Ohlstadt
Giuseppe Passeri (12 March 1654 - 2 November 1714) was an Italian painter of the Baroque period, active in his native city of Rome.
Born the nephew of the painter Giovanni Battista Passeri, Giuseppe trained in the studio of Carlo Maratta. Among the paintings by Giuseppe is St. Peter baptizes the Centurion, transferred to mosaic; the original was moved to a church of the Conventuali in Urbino.